Interboro Insurance Company understands that your privacy is important to you and is therefore committed to protecting your personal information. In recognition of this commitment, we would like to describe the kinds of information we collect, how and when we may disclose it and, perhaps most importantly, the measures we take to protect it.
Information We May Collect
In the normal course of business we may collect nonpublic personal financial information about you in order to quote, underwrite, rate, issue and service policies of insurance, ensure proper billing and process your claims. The type of information we may collect generally falls into one of the following categories:
- Information provided by you or your broker on an application for insurance either on a form or electronically transmitted to us (including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, Social Security number, and driver and vehicle information including information about prior claims, if any).
- Information from your transactions with us such as your account balance, payment history, and information collected during physical inspections, underwriting interviews or claims investigations.
- Information from public and nonpublic sources, such as, Motor Vehicle Reports, prior claims information, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- While handling your claims, we may collect, with your authorization, personal information from other sources including medical and healthcare providers.
How We Use Your Information
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal financial information to third parties, except as permitted by law. In the normal course of issuing and servicing our policy and handling claims and as permitted or required by law, we may share personal information about you as described below:
- We may share your information with non-affiliated third parties that assist us in servicing your policy, such as businesses that provide technological and policy processing support and insurance support organizations. We require these companies to maintain the information provided to them in strict confidence and prohibit them from disclosing or using the information except as necessary to perform the service.
- We may also share your information with other insurance companies under limited circumstances as permitted by law, in order to resolve a dispute or to protect you against fraud.
- We may share your information with third parties as necessary to help handle your claims, such as independent adjustors and repair shops.
- We also may disclose information to non-affiliated entities such as regulatory and law enforcement authorities, or to respond to a subpoena or court order.
Safeguarding Your Information
We treat all personal information we collect as confidential information. Under no circumstances do we sell any of the personal information we collect. Access to policyholder and consumer nonpublic personal financial information is limited to personnel who need the information to serve the needs of our policyholders and consumers. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed state and federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal financial information.
Our Former Customers